There are seven more days of school until I will walk out the doors of Ballard High School for the last time. There are a lot of "lasts" associated with this countdown and it is completely unbelievable. I know that many people say "a last is just making way for a new beginning", but to avoid an incredibly overused cliche, I will, for the time being, simply focus on the lasts.
Today was the last assembly and last night was the dinner for the seniors. Tuesday will be the last time I will play in a concert with the orchestra and on Thursday, I will walk across the same stage to receive the awards that I have earned. These are the same things I have watched my closest friends do year after year and I remember how jealous I was that they were finally done. Now, the jealousy has been passed down and I am the one they envy.
Finally realizing that I am sitting in the highest seat in the school has made me wonder where the time went. I'm not sure where it went, but one thing is for sure: the high school days are nearly gone and will soon be but a memory. A very good memory, but still just a memory nonetheless. There is a something surreal about the whole situation and I still can't believe that it will be me walking across the stage in a bright red cap and gown in two weeks (that no doubt will fly by).
But I will save the stories for after the graduation. For now, I will try my hardest to find a sense of peace in the hectic blur of the final countdown.
No comments:
Post a Comment