"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn. And we are led by those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return...It well may be that we may never meet again in this lifetime, so let me say before we part: So much of me is made of what I learned from you...and now whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend."
--"For Good", Wicked
I first heard this song on my last day of high school and it was shared with me by my dear stand partner and friend. She told me that it was a story about me and her, which is true, but it is also the story of me and many others lately. There are so many people who have been in and out of my life, yet they have all been so important in shaping it. Without them, I wouldn't be listening to these showtunes and letting them touch my life so deeply. It is so true to me that people come into our lives for a reason and though that reason is sometimes not seen until those friendships are over, it was still a reason. So when I have been saying good-bye to my friends as they head off in separate directions, I realize that some of them I may never have the same relationship with them. Even though those friendships will not be the same, I will still never forget them and they will still be so important to me. As we head off and our paths become more clear, with a few clouds along the way, we will not forget the things we learned from each other. No, we will take the lessons with us and we will never forget the impact we had on each other's lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment