This week has been, to put it lightly, full. I feel like I have been running to classes and meals, jumping from a room full of friends to a room full of classmates who are stuck in a gen ed. I know it will be okay, though. I have a roommate who can handle my stress much better than I can, a floor full of amazing women and professors who are entirely passionate about what they are teaching. So, even though I go to bed at midnight and get up at 7am everyday, I am so thankful that I have things to look forward to in my days that start so early. It's another year, another way of life, that's what I keep telling myself. And I do believe it, though it will take some time to get used to.
This weekend I will spend with old friends and new friends and somehow in the midst of it memorize all the countries and capitols of Africa. I'm happy, though, truly I am. No, not about 8 am and not about a schedule that is packed to the brim, but I am happy about the relationships that are forming already and the relationships that are growing immensely. I am also blessed beyond belief to be living with Anna Barton. She keeps me happy, makes sure I get enough sleep and hugs me all the time. I am back in the world that changed my life last year and it will be exciting to see how it all unfolds this year.
It's a new room, a new major and new responsibilities...all of which are FABULOUS. Thank you, Anna, for the love and support. Thank you SPU, for the adventure that you have in store for this year. Thank You, God, for the rain and the beauty it forced me to pause and enjoy. Happy Friday. One week down: nine to go...
1 comment:
snow on the tops of peaks up by the cabin H... love you!!
Post a Comment