I waited and waited for Mom and Kristi's delayed flight from Amsterdam. When it finally arrived, those ten minutes from their arrival to the gate felt like an extra hour. Then I turned around and saw my beauitful sister skipping towards me with a huge jet-lagged smile. Mom gave me a hug and we were together again. All we needed now were Dad, who had been away for three weeks and Noah, who is disappearing for fourth months.
We made our way throught the confusing train/bus station and eventually piled into the overcrowded train from Munich to Salzburg. We had to stand in the entrance of the train for half of the trip, but it really didn't matter to me. All that mattered was that after a couple hours, we would all be together again. Kristi and I had fabulous conversations as Mom drifted in and out of sleep. Before we knew it, we stepped onto the snowy platform in Salzburg where Dad and Noah met us. We were together again...oh how I love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment