
The other day I was walking up to Queen Anne to visit a friend and I decided to take a detour through the park. The day was sunny, the leaves were crunchy and the trees were calling me in. I had just been to chapel and was trying to sort out the things I had just heard, so I thought as I walked. And then I saw the swings and decided to take a seat. I just sat there swaying back and forth, thanking the Lord for this day. Although I'm now a junior in college-which continues to be a tough thing to believe-not so deep down, I'm just a kid. I like the simplicity that comes with being a child. I like the friendliness and the warmth associated with a care free life. As I've gotten older, I have found myself on swing sets several times as I struggle to understand why some things unfold the way they do. On walks home from school, on late night adventures out of the dorms and on this day. I see the abandoned swing sets and I know that as soon as I sit myself down, the troubles will slowly begin to melt away. So, as I sat on the swing on this brisk Tuesday in particular, everything in the world made a little more sense. The people in my life seemed a little more special. And the fact that I am where I am was turned into a huge blessing. I'm sure the swings will continue to call me to that childlike freedom as life continues and I am thankful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment