Saturday, December 1, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Things have changed as I've gotten older, but something that has never changed is my reaction to snow. It doesn't matter if it's the first snow of the season or even three flakes, I always respond in the same way. I see the first flake fall outside my window and I watch. Sometimes I watch for an minute, sometimes for an hour. It is mesmerizing to watch the beautiful white flakes fall from the sky and desperatley hope that it iwll stick to the ground. Because when it sticks, that means that loads of fun are in store.

Snow that sticks means sledding and then coming in where mother has hot cocoa waiting for you when you come in with toes that you are convinced aren't even there because they are so cold. Snow that sticks means a constant smile on my face. It's always been that way and I know it will remain that way.

I am sitting here in front of a big window that gives me a perfect view of the snowfall of which I speak while listening to Christmas music, it's only fitting. It started as flakes smaller than an unopped piece of corn and it has now turned into millions of monstrous flakes falling at a steady pace. This is winter, this is what I love. It brings peace to me to watch those beautiful flakes fall from the sky and land in their respected places. It's one of the most beautiful things in the world and I never tire of watching it and watching the whole neighborhood deciding to take their dogs for a walk before this beautful show is over. Welcome winter, I look forward to what you have in store for me.

No comments: