with thoughts and dreams
of peaceful days.
I beg for a moment
to sit and to rest
on the shoulder of a friend.
I want worries behind me
and joy right in front of me
but it doesn't work that way.
I must swim through the bad
to wade through the good
and rest in a pool of peace.
I know the time will come
when I will look back
and smile, but right now
I stare out the window
and I count down the days
until Thanksgiving arrives.
I beg for the days
surrounded by family
and laughter and love.
I want those four days
without papers or books
full of leftover turkey.
I can almost taste it now
and soon it will be here,
but for now I will work.
I will re-write twelve pages
read a chapter or two
and go to bed late.
I am in college
and this is what we do.
Don't worry, it'll be fine.
It will be just fine.
2 comments:
i like this poem. a lot. and i want it to be thanksgiving too.
See, I knew, given enough time, you would become an excellent poet.
Post a Comment